Adaptio Ltd (“AL”, “We”, “Us”)
Terms and Conditions
These conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- Deposit – You must pay a minimum deposit of 80% of the overall sale value to arrange manufacture and installation of your bathing solutions equipment. The 80% deposit is payable in 2 instalments; £1,000 is payable at point of order and is followed by the fourteen day cooling off period (see ‘Right to cancel an order placed’); the remainder of the 80% deposit is payable following subsequent technical site survey and our confirmation to you that the installation can be completed as first specified. Please note that you may be entitled to claim relief from any Value Added Tax (“VAT”) applicable to the deposit and other sums due – see clause 6 below for further details. If we receive a cancellation notice within the fourteen day cooling off period we will not charge any costs we may have incurred in preparing your order during this time. However after the fourteen day cooling off period has elapsed and we have confirmed the order with you and you have paid us the remainder of the 80% deposit, if we have incurred costs in preparing your order, as will be likely, should you decide to cancel the order then we will be entitled to keep some or all of the deposit to pay for any costs we have incurred.
2. Bathing Product Ownership – We reserve the right to remove and recover the entire bathing product until all monies have been paid.
3. Goods Buy Back – We will not buy back any goods which we have sold to you.
4. Installation – We will always attempt to install the bathing products with reasonable care and skill and we will always attempt to install the bathing products at a time arranged with you. When we make arrangements for installation we are as careful as possible to inform you of accurate dates but we are not in a position to guarantee these dates. Failure by us to install at a pre-arranged date will not give you the right to cancel the order or to claim damages from us.
5. Guarantee of Bathing Products – All shower trays, enclosures, doors and walk-in-baths are supplied with a manufacturer’s lifetime product guarantee (terms and conditions apply, please see separate guarantee form) or ask an adviser for further details. All ancillary equipment (for example shower chairs, light and
heating fittings) and installation work is guaranteed for a minimum of 12 months. To make a claim under this guarantee please call 01942 616 967 quoting your name and address details. This guarantee of ancillary equipment and installation covers the cost of replacement parts and labour for any fault caused by the manufacture or installation of certain ancillary equipment (examples of which are listed above) may be subject to a longer manufacturer’s guarantee. If this is the case, details will be given on installation of the product together with details of how to make a claim under that specific manufacturer guarantee. Guarantees are effective from date of installation completion. Bathing products may be repaired or replaced at our discretion. The guarantee does not include damage or defects caused by abuse or misuse or error on your part, or your failure to properly follow instructions we have supplied to you at the completion of installation.
6. Balance – Payment is due on completion of installation. You may be entitled to claim relief from any VAT applicable to your purchase by completing the User VAT Declaration – see below. Please note that if you are not entitled to claim relief all sums that we quote as being payable by you in relation to your purchase are exclusive of VAT and that an additional payment of VAT at the rate applicable at the time we supply you with the products and/or services which you have purchased will be payable by you in respect of these sums.
7. Order Confirmation – The order is subject to a further, more detailed, technical survey. In the instance that the technical survey finds unforeseen complications or differences in specification we will then discuss the implications of these with you before agreeing to progress the order. If you are not satisfied with any change we are proposing to your order at this stage you are able to cancel your order with a full refund.
8. Right to cancel an order placed
Please be aware that any order placed with AL is subject to a fourteen-day cooling off period in which time you can communicate to AL your wish to cancel your order and AL will accept cancellation and no charges will be incurred by you. A notice of the right to cancel your order is attached to every order form issued by AL to a client and gives full details of how to exercise your desire to cancel an order within the fourteen day cooling off period (if you would like to see such a notice in advance of purchase please ask an adviser on 01942 616 967 and they will arrange to send a copy).
User VAT Declaration Form
If you are purchasing a mobility product for your own personal use you may be eligible for relief from any VAT applicable to your purchase under Group 14 of Schedule 5 to the Value Added Tax Act 1983. If you believe that you meet the criteria for this relief please let us know and we will ask you to complete a ”User VAT Declaration” at the point of sale to confirm this. Please remember that if you are not entitled to claim relief all sums that we quote as being payable by you in relation to your purchase are exclusive of VAT and attract an additional payment of VAT at the rate applicable at the time we supply you with the products and/or services which you have purchased.
This site is owned and operated by AL, 12 Carlton Avenue, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 4EP. Tel 01942 676 967
Company number 11060157
VAT No. 283 7703 77